Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Panic! no more

I'm a huge fan of Panic! at the Disco. (Good music + Cute boys = Winner!) Well, I used to be.

More than a year after the ugly and controversial "break up", the boys are back with a new album. "Vices and Virtues" was released March 22 and is available in iTunes. The whole album can also be live streamed in their Facebook page here.

As I was listening to the whole album, I'm just disappointed. The songs have no charm at all. I do understand that the band is trying to go back to their old sound but they just fell flat. They are just trying too hard, even to the point that they are pretentious. As much as I want to rant now, I would be better to preserve them in an i'm-too-much-of-a-fanboy-it's-starting-to-get-freaky kind of post.

Anyway, "Sarah Smiles" is the only track that seemed to retain the charm of the old band. The accordion intro fits perfectly with the naive theme of the song, giving it a whimsical, playful, and care-free vibe. Here is the song:



And if you want to see how bad and pretentious the others are, here's the official video of "The Ballad of Mona Lisa".



No comments:

Post a Comment